What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everyone my name is Shane and I live in Johannesburg south Africa I have 3 drosera capensis sundews 2 huge fly traps and millions of tiny ones 2 pitcher Plants 1 mistery and the other a leucophylla and tomorrow I will be getting a nepenthes and a purpurea please I would love to know more about the plants I posses and how do I post pictures?

Hello!

Post direct link between

Welcome to TF!

Greetings, members from South Africa are definitely welcome especially if we can pick your brains regarding climate.

In order to post pictures you either need to use a picture hosting service or be a "green" member (purchased merchandise or a membership from Andrew's online flytrapshop.com store). I don't think he is equipped for overseas sales however.

There are numerous free image hosting sites such as Picassa, Imageshack, Photobucket and Flickr to name a few. Sign up for an account and upload you images. Many of these services will generate the code you need to paste into your message. If not, take the copy the url to the image from the address bar in your browser and click on the "insert image" button of the message editor (icon - mountain with moon/sun over it) and past the url into the dialog box.

You can also use Andrew's image host. See this thread for details.

hello! It is very interesting to speak with a carnivorous enthusiast from south africa. I am currently growing your native drosera hilaris seedlings.

In regards to the sarracenia (leucophylla, purpurea etc) plants over the age of two years (three inches or so) need dormancy in the winter; cold temps, less water and short photo period. see http://www.petpitcher.com/sarracenia/dormancy-in-the-tropics-sarracenia/ for more help

looking forward to hearing from you! welcome to this great forum

Thanks every one and I hope your seedlings do great I'm growing our native drosera capensis

:wave: Welcome to TF

Welcome to our jungle...

Back