What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from NC

Hi there, I'm a horticulture major at NC State University. I've been growing CPs seriously for about 3 years, but I've had Sarracenia and Venus Fly Traps on and off since I was little. My ultimate goal with my degree is to open my own nursery, specializing in Tropicals, Cold-hardy Tropicals, and of course carnivores. I am working on some undergraduate research projects involving carnivores. One is inducing mutations in Sarracenia via chemical applications and irradiation and the other is a study of wounding and hormone treatments on cuttings of D. capensis. I've posted more about this on the ICPS boards and on Carnivorous Plant Patch Forums if you are interested.

Hello!!
That is an exciting major! I just graduated from UNC Charlotte with a BS in Exercise Science (plus a few minors). It is nice to see someone else from NC!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome!

Haha, small world. I'm a senior in Hort science at NCSU. Sounds like some great aspirations! Look me up and we can talk plants sometime over lunch or something!

Back