What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hobby New Friends!

:hail:
I am new to the wonderful world of CP, but have already recruited a friend of the Forum for knowledge and help. He has opened my eyes and my heart to these amazing plants, and now has my 10 year old Grandaughter ready to turn her fathers manicured lawn into a planting haven! I am looking forward to any suggestions, help, and knowledge that any of you would care to impart. I am sure there will be many ???'s from my end.

Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby!

My thanks to you. Am sure it is going to be a great time!

Welcome! Im sure we'll be able to help you with many questions, far and wide ;)

am really looking forward to expanding and getting new and diverse plants and the expertise to make them not only survive, but thrive!! Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome!

Whatever you do, don't look at Utricularia, Heliamphora, or Nepenthes ampullaria. ;)

Welcome to TF!

Welcome, Nightshade.
Are you interested in growing specific genera at this point, or have you not yet narrowed the scope of your newfound interest? Most of us start with a few of everything and then become more focused on one or two particular plants. For me, the true obsession is Nepenthes.

Open your heart and mind (and wallet!) to the goddess Nepenthes! ;-)

Welcome to the forum!

Whimgrinder,

[so far my interests are very diverse in pictures and dreams; however, am seriously just getting started and all I have so far are two Butterworts and two starts (kinda) of Sundews, they have not rooted yet. Have huge dreams of many different plants, I also had large dreams of planting outdoors, but I have so many trees I have an issue finding sunlight. My hopes are to expand the grow racks and turn my basement into a grow room! My heart is wide open for all new plants and hopefully my wallet will not squeak too loud as it opens to join in the thrills of this new hobby!

Last edited:
thanks to everyone for the great welcomes to the Forum.. I am both honored and pleased to have this much knowledge at my fingertips, and eyeballs!

Welcome to TF :-D

I really love the grand welcoming that everyone has bestowed upon me here. now for English.... Thanks for the Hi-Ho's from all ya Champions. It really does make me feel very much at home to be welcomed by so many of you. I am seriously looking forward to picking brains and learning little tricks to make my hobbie expand. I have already learned that I have to find a way to let my plants go dormant. Since my basement is also my laundry room, it probably would not be wise or comfortable to do laundry with it very chilly down there.. Since I do have an external shed that has electric so am hoping I can move the plants to the protection of my shed.. I stand hang lights from my shelving. just in the works, I do have a while before winter! Thanks again all!!!

Back