What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello There!

Hello I am now a member of this website and did not know about this site until last week when a member Scott told me about it and said " check it out? I did and wow!! a lot of good information here for me to find out about carnivorous plants.. The pictures are awesome some breath taken I am enjoying looking at them very much. The only carnivorous plants I had was a venus fly trap and I do have a sarracenia which for the first time has a flower on it and I know there will be seeds in that but do not know how to harvest them or how to start one from them? also my grandson gave me a 10 gallon fish tank and I sure would like to grow some in there? but do not know where to start and that is what I am hoping you all wil give me some help and since you have grow them I sure do hope to get some help here? Ok talked way to much but that is what seniors do right?? May have some words spell wrong but hope you can understand what I did type out? Remember first thing to go is our minds???

Haha. Yes, this forum is full of pretty pictures and helpful people. Welcome :wave:

Howdy Swampers! Welcome.
If there is one thing I most heartily recommend for new members, it is to acquire a copy of Peter D'Amato's excellent book on CPs, The Savage Garden. You can't go wrong starting there. :)

Will check at the library here to see if they got a copy of The Savage Garden! thank you all for welcoming me here.

Welcome to TerraForums :-D And I second the remark about The Savage Garden, it's a great book. Another good read for learning to grow and maintain carnivorous plants is "Growing Carnivorous Plants" by Barry Rice. It has helped me out a ton and has some unbelievable pictures and information about CPs in their natural environment.

Welcome, and don't let the "kids" here fool you. They really know their stuff and are a great help to everyone, new members and old members alike.

Welcome and hello!

Wow!! thank you feel so welcome into the site. So glad to her newbies are welcome too.. I thought you may be all profestionals for little old me?

A little late, but Welcome to TF! Check out the CP Trading Post forums!

I order the two books that was mention? the Savage garden and the Growing Carnivouous Plants and sure do hope to get a call from the library any time soon can't wait to get my hands on them and start reading? Thanks again

Wow!! thank you feel so welcome into the site. So glad to her newbies are welcome too.. I thought you may be all profestionals for little old me?

We all start out as newbs. :D Heck, I still kill the occasional flytrap. :lol:

Back