What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOOT! Another Californian! Welcome!

Infestation of Californians... :grin:

Welcome to TF! Lots of cp growers in Cali! Great mediterranean (sp?) climate for growing cps in most areas and it is always sunny (for me). Seeing that you live in the northern part of california, you should have nice weather for growing most cps, which is always a great thing. Well cya around then!*

*Note: You may not see me around that much due to class overload. APs are the bane of me these days.

Happy growing!
-s21

Woah, apparently my response a few days ago to the posts did not go through.. stupid internet. Well! Time to type them once more. :p

@Iwest: Haha, I can't wait to go to it. I actually am planning to plant sarracenias next! I'm trying to see how my current seeds will sprout so far. Hoping for good results before I can move on! :) But it does seem sooo much easier to grow in this environment compared to sundews, vft, and nepenthes though. I feel bad I didn't start out with them instead. (The other three caught my eye more, sadly)

@jimscott: Wow! What a cute little thief!! I think I've only seen a raccoon once in my life. I'm glad I don't have bluejays or raccoons in my area though! But I do have stray cats.. I wonder if they have a thing for carnivorous plants.. :(

@richjam1986: Those seedlings are so adorable. :( I ended using two of the 1x1 plug trays for my vft seeds, and for the nepenthes and sundews, just normal trays... mainly because I didn't have enough room, and especially for the sundews, I found it really hard/ weird to put that tiny, tiny, tiny speck in each spot...

I canceled the order from this one seller I bought from... s/he said it will be refunded "tomorrow" but it's already been two days since s/he said that. I hope that person keeps their word. :(

@lance: Ty for the welcome! Go California!! :boogie:

@fdfederation: Wow... holy crap. There really IS so many Californians on this forum. Lol! Well, shows that we're preparing better for the zombie apocalypse than other states, at least! (I'm so hooked onto that Plants vs zombies game...)

@sarracenia21: Haha, thanks for the welcome! :) And I really am hoping that weather stays good. Actually, it's suppose to rain in my area tomorrow. :( Darn that cold. And, oh man... AP classes... those were the days! Good luck!! Hopefully you're not taking like 5-6 of those like I did. :-D

@jimscott: This... *facepalm* I imagined the cat in your display picture singing along the whole time.

Welcome to TF glad to see another plant lover on-board! Plants vs Zombies lol great game. Makes me think of my little carnis defending my little brains every time I play! :mwahaha:

Ty for the welcome! I love the music video at the end with the singing sunflower. Genius!
And yup! It makes me feel like we plant with purpose. :beer: Protect the precioussss....

Back