What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guy From Socal

Greeting Everyone! My names Greg and I've recently started a CP collection and currently have some VFT's a few sundews and two nepenthes. Im eager to become a part of this community and soak up all the knowledge I can in regards to growing my addiction to horticulture with an appetite. I've kept many aquariums and reptiles as well as vivariums so I'm not a total noob when it comes to stuff like lighting and substrate, although there is much I still need to learn. I live in Santa Barbara CA and make frequent trips to LA and the surrounding areas. I'd love to trade eventually but for now my collection consists only of a few nepenthes, common sundews and VFTs. Soon enough I'll have a few things (hopefully) of interest to some of you. Glad to be a part of this forum. Ill post photos soon, and any advice for a newcomer would be appreciated.:hail: Thanks yall! Happy new year!:banana2:

Welcome to TF! This is a great place to learn, at least it has been for me, but I'm sure it will aid you as well. May your CP collection grow as well as your knowledge of these awesome plants.

Btw, what species of nepenthes are they?

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TerraForums. I hope you find the experience engaging and informative :)

Paul

Thanks guys! Its about time I joined a forum for one of my hobbies besides art. Im sure I will find this both engaging and very informative. I've found most of my CP info from this site pre membership and I kept finding myself wanting to ask questions so I joined :) And to: That One Guy; So far I have a regular (but large-ish) N. Alata and a n. ampullaria-harlequin. I cant wait to expand. If anyone knows of nurseries or growers in my area or the LA area let me know :)

Welcome to TerraForums! :D Nice to see another member from California, we certainly have a bunch. Most members have a little infopiece saying where they're from under their username, so it shouldnt be too hard to find more growers from SoCal.

Thanks. And yeah, I figured there would be a bunch of other growers out here but I don't know where to look. I know just south of me in Carpinteria is this huge orchid warehouse thats composed of a large number of greenhouses that I can't count from the highway but I think its not open to the general public. Other than that I found a nursery that has a few basic sundews and fly traps but nothing I couldn't find at home depot. I'd love to find someone that actually knows what they're doing and has an (even somewhat broader) selection of plants. Id love some sarracenia, pings, more dews and neps as well as anything else I can get my hands on. Even if theres none up here near SB I'm fine with shlepping down to LA although so far I've found nothing of interest there besides the LACPS meeting which I plan on attending in a few weeks.

Join the LACPS Yahoo Group and introduce yourself. There are a number of members in the Ventura area and the western Valley. Maybe you can partially car pool.

Welcome to TerraForums.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LACPS/

Back