What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy from SW lower MI

Greetings All,

I guess this is a belated introduction as I have been lurking for quite a while and have made a few posts so I thought it was probably past time for an intro.

I'm fairly new to CP's...had a Nep 2 years ago but we moved and I gave it away during the transit to make sure it lived. I loved it and missed it so I have replaced my 1st with a handful more. I currently only have 5 Nep's, 1 Sar, 2 FT's and a salvaged Orchid from an elderly friend who was admitted to a nursing home...the orchid needs some help and I hope I can save it.

I'm a stay at home Dad who home school's 2 boys (10 & 13) and I hope to work some CP's and possibly some tissue culturing into our schooling this summer.

Anyway, enough rambling for now...just wanted to say a formal "Hello" and to say thanks to all those who share their passion and pictures on this Forum, it's great!

Lee

Welcome to the world of carnivorous plants and tissue culture! Young kids getting into tc should be a hoot! Should be a lot of info to glean from the forum. Have fun and happy growing!

Thanks Amp! I had to say I LOVE your quote...my boys and I can quote just about the entire Princess Bride by heart (we even have a set of 4 glasses with the inscription that reads "may contain Iocane Powder, drink at your own risk")

Hahaha. Nice! Where did you manage to find those? Pretty awesome.

Welcome aboard..

Glad to see another member from New Canada, the always cold Great Lake state.

Welcome aboard..

Glad to see another member from New Canada, the always cold Great Lake state.

Thanks Mass...I've admired your threads and your Growlist, pretty amazing collection. Thanks again.

Welcome to TF & your new obsession :lol:

Welcome to CPs and the forum! Look forward to seeing more of you around. :D

Welcome to TF!

I think the kids would have a tun of fun doint tissue culture as a science project :), i want to get back into doing tc but too intimidated by it all honestly haha. Welcome to the forums :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome...I also noticed a reoccurring theme of "Obsession" being mentioned, yup, that's me :)

Last edited:
Hello, welcome to tf :)

Back