What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone! My name is Rosie and I'm new to this forum and new to carnivorous plants. I got my first Nepenthes (Ventrata?) about a year ago and my first Pinguicula (Moctezumae x Gigantae) sometime in February. Since acquiring the Ping and seeing how easy and rewarding it was my interest has really spiked. My first Drosera and Dionae both arrived in the mail today and I have designs on acquiring a few more Pings before the summer is done! I also recently rescued an N. Ampullaria 'Lime Twist' which I may end up trading. As for my non-cp related life, I teach in a special needs pre-school class with kids on the autism spectrum. My other hobbies include singing and playing guitar, bass and drums. I also love reading science fiction and my favorite poets are e.e. cummings, Wallace Stevens and Carl Sandburg. Well that's me! I wanted to post a pic of myself with Nicki Clyne aka Callie from Battlestar Galactica but for some reason my forum permissions says I'm not allowed to post attachments...

Welcome to you first official step into.. The Addiction!

Welcome :wave:

i wanna see Nicki. ;)

try utilizing a photo hosting site such as photobucket, or flickr and paste the code here.

and welcome to TF!

I think some Pinguicula will find their way into your collection! Visit the Carnivorous Plant Trading Post for information and offers to trade!
And can I just say...
WELCOME TO TerraForums!

Hi, I think you'll find this forum very fun to be in:D

Welcome! Feel free to aks any questions, there are a lot of knowledgable folks around here who love to help newbies :D

...there are a lot of knowledgable folks around here who love to help newbies :D

You sure got that right! I still remember when I was the newest user with just my flytrap with Curved-Leaf Syndrome, my sundew, and my butterwort. Now I've got four flytraps, a glittery sundew, an innocent but deadly butterwort, a hanging Nepenthes, and a lovely Sarracenia. Ah, how times change.

I think some Pinguicula will find their way into your collection! Visit the Carnivorous Plant Trading Post for information and offers to trade!
And can I just say...
WELCOME TO TerraForums!

i certainly hope some pings will make it into my collection! they are my favorite out of all the carnivorous plants ;) also, thanks for the colorful welcome. ive been watching this forum for a while now and it is nice to finally be able to share my thoughts with everyone!

Welcome to our dysfunctional family. We welcome you with open arms and an open mind. There is generally someone around on the chat if you ever have an emergent problem or question.

Welcome to the forum, always nice to see a new face around! Once your collecting starts to grow in size, there's no stopping it :)

Welcome to TF! I have an Asperger's Syndrome son.

Back in the day I worked with Dr. Ivar Lovaas. Welcome to TerraForums.

Back