What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,

My name is Johan, I'm 23 years old and I live in Belgium. I recently discovered this forum and thought it would be nice to share growing experiences and photographs.

I've been growing carnivorous plants since I was about 10 years old, starting with out a D. capensis (which sadly has died last year due to a massive aphid infection, followed by a fungal growth induced by the anti-aphid spray). In the following years I expanded my collection but had to put my passion for these plants on hold for my studies.
Now that I have completed my studies I found my interest in these plants rekindled and started looking for some more plants and discovered that many plants have become much more widely available. I am farely limited in growing space and therefore sold some of my more abundant species for some funds and used these to expand my Nepenthes collection.

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences and to learn from some of the masters out there.

Grtz,
Johan

Welcome to the forums! Sorry about your capensis. I'm sure you will be able to expand your collection and learn from many of the masters here.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TerraForums! I'm sure you'll get a new Drosera capensis and many more here from the masters.

Welcome! Cool to see growers from all over the world. Do you grow indoors or in a greenhouse? My friend in Bayern said it won't stop snowing there, hopefully that isn't the case for Belgium too. Would be expensive to grow Nepenthes in a snowy biome.

Post some pictures of your collection! :D

Welcome! Cool to see growers from all over the world. Do you grow indoors or in a greenhouse? My friend in Bayern said it won't stop snowing there, hopefully that isn't the case for Belgium too. Would be expensive to grow Nepenthes in a snowy biome.

Post some pictures of your collection! :D

I grow both indoors (All of my Nepenthes and Drosera) and outdoors (Sarracenia and Dioneae. I just keep the Sarracenia's outside all year and they have become quite tolerant of frost. They even froze to a solid chunk of icy peat this winter and all of them survived and several are flowering now.

I've posted some pictures of my indoor setup in this thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?134443-My-indoor-setup
And I'll be adding some photographs of my outdoor setup soon. I'm also thinking of starting a weekly follow-up thread of my most recent Nepenthes since I've been taking a photograph each week anyway to monitor how they were adjusting to the new growing conditions. Might as well continue with this and share it with you guys.

Yeah we've had a pretty cold and rainy spring so far. This week has been sunny and warmer so far so I decided to repot and divide all of my Sarracenia and dioneae today. I noticed that many were behind normal schedule in terms of growth (especially root growth) but I'm sure they will catch up.

Salut :) content de te voir ici, et un francophone de plus héhé

You will find the greatests experts around here !

Hello and welcome you will quickly find out that everyone on here is verry friendly and willing to help with whatever question or problem you may have.

Abel A.

Back