What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Tennessee

I recently built a large 60X30X48" tall terrarium/paludarium & wanted to include one or two CP. I have grown many types of plants over the years but never CP, so am very glad to have found this site.

I'm a commercial photographer & also do wood sculpting & turning. This is me & a olive tree I bought for wood working.

Will start a thread of my paludarium next.

Jim

what part of tn? we may be neighbors...

Welcome to TF!
(I am a retired professional photographer)

What genera do you expect/want to be able to accommodate in your grow chamber?

Last edited:
Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF!
(I am a retired professional photographer)

What genera do you expect/want to be able to accommodate in your grow chamber?

I am more or less retired, business has really gone down, would hate to be trying to get started now!

My tank is a big mix, fish & aquatic plants, orchids, some more or less house plants, soon to have 6 dart frogs, later a pair of anoles & would like to include a nepenthes or two (lowland). Here is a pix of my tank, started a thread in the terrarium forum.

It is a peninsular set up viewed from three sides.

im in chattanooga alot. grew up in cleveland. we are very close.

i am a photographer too (or at least i wanna be.) we should meet up one day. I can bring my camera and some plants. have alot of plants i wouldnt mind sharing that would be perfect for your setup.

Nice to have a fellow southerner here! I'm sure lots of people here could benefit from your clearly awesome design/construction skills. Welcome!

Hey welcome to terraforums :)

Thanks all!

Really great to see there are some people near here. I'd love to get to gather, maybe go by each others place to see our setups in person. PM any time or you can call 423 667 7608 & if you know of any others in the area maybe start a group?

We live out in the country & have horses & our neighborhood has a little lake & trails, it's kid & dog heaven so bring cameras, plants and or what ever & we'll make a day of it. My wife is the horse person & loves to give pony rides if you have little ones (that would have to be on the weekend though).

Jim

Welcome, I would advise against small animals in an enclosure containing Nepenthes. I don't know about dart frogs, but wild anoles are eaten by my outdoor Nepenthes.

Anyway, Nepenthes that would do good in there include

N. veitchii
N. x Miranda
N. ventricosa
N. maxima
N. truncata
and hybrids of these. If you can find them, N. x tiveyi and N. x dyeriana would be good, although you should gain experience with easier species and hybrids first.

Last edited:
Back