What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engineer CP enthusiast! (Atlanta)

Hello everyone my name is Nathan and I have been growing CPs for 10+ years now. I have been getting excited about carnivorous plants since I was a kid and I love checking out web forums and seeing what everyone is up to.

I come from an engineering background and love to combine my excitement for plants with the same excitement I have for hardware, software, and electronics design - I studied mechanical engineering and mathematics and have experience with connected software and embedded systems. I've also designed a few devices for growing plants. See my portfolio of projects (not every project I have ever done is listed) here if you'd like:

https://www.behance.net/natehollis
List of projects:
-automated terrariums
-microclimate control
-ducted humidifier
-custom HO LED lighting systems
-plant enclosures
-wood-finished nepenthes plant stand

I am always looking for collaborators or just people who appreciate plants + engineering, so don't hesitate to send me a message.

Looking forward exploring more.

Last edited:
Welcome! If you are ever in the Athens area, I curate a public collection of CPs. Would be happy to show you around! The thread in my signature should have some decent photos of it.

Kevin

Welcome! If you are ever in the Athens area, I curate a public collection of CPs. Would be happy to show you around! The thread in my signature should have some decent photos of it.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin! Beautiful collection!!

Hey, welcome to TerraForums :D Looks like you have a pretty awesome setup, can't wait to see some pics of the plants!

Nathan,

Welcome! I may hit you up next spring for advice on fixing/improving my overly-complicated solar-powered outdoor automatic watering system for my Sarracenia beds :).

Really interesting developments you have going. I may bookmark that link you provided!

Nathan,

Welcome! I may hit you up next spring for advice on fixing/improving my overly-complicated solar-powered outdoor automatic watering system for my Sarracenia beds :).
Post some photos whenever you get a minute. Very interested to see your setup!

Hi Nathan, I'm Nat, also over in Athens. Interesting stuff on your projects page, look forward to seeing more of your plants and ideas.

Back