Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's nice to be back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

May I suggest an imgur.com account for your photos. They will never be deleted and the uploading process is extremely convenient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Welcome!

May I suggest an imgur.com account for your photos. They will never be deleted and the uploading process is extremely convenient.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably try it, to compare it to the "smugmug" account that I already signed up for. I'm still working to teach myself how to setup my site with them, though I already paid for their basic package. It's under my wife's maiden name, Kerr, hence: "kerrspics.smugmug.com", because she and I thought, that name looked better and would be easier for others to remember. You are all welcome to check it out, as I work to flesh it out.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 10-30-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time no see.
    Glad your back.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Clemens View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably try it, to compare it to the "smugmug" account that I already signed up for. I'm still working to teach myself how to setup my site with them, though I already paid for their basic package. It's under my wife's maiden name, Kerr, hence: "kerrspics.smugmug.com", because she and I thought, that name looked better and would be easier for others to remember. You are all welcome to check it out, as I work to flesh it out.
    Imgur is 100% free and is better than every other photo sharing website in my opinion. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sashoke, I was just checking out imgur.com. It appears their free accounts have a limit of 225 images, and each image will be reduced to less than 5MB each. I have thousands of images, needing a home, several gigabytes worth. From family photos, carnivorous plants, and beekeeping. Also, it seems that I would be giving up the rights to my own images. The smugmug site helps me to maintain the rights to my own images, and helps me to sell prints of images that I select for that purpose. It also allows me to upload all my images, but to only allow public access to those images I choose for that purpose.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 11-01-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding an acceptable photo website proves more difficult every year. Sorry sash, I gotta agree with mr.clemens here.
    Imgur is rather mediocre, and half the time, it deletes my photos without any warning, and ownership of photos becomes
    Lost in the ether with it. However, i have never heard of smugmug.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, interesting. I have a free account but I also have 487 uploaded images? Whered you read you can only have 225? Also none of my images are ever reduced to 5mb...

I havent really thought about ownership of the photos since I am not a photographer and, bluntly; I couldnt care less if someone used my pictures. If they did, that means they were worth stealing But I can see how that would be a problem for someone who actually takes decent pictures (Cellphone camera grr)

Anyway good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back! I didn't know you when you were on the forum a while back, but I found your posts helpful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast