What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Sydney!

Hi everyone, figure I might as well introduce myself. Was fascinated with CPs as a kid, had a VFT for a number of years. Picked up the bug again a few years back as an adult, at the moment I've got a small collection of Sarras, VFTs and Droserae outside year round plus a small greenhouse for Neps.

Looking forward to learning the finer points of growing CPs, especially the Neps.

Welcome to the hotel California! :mwahaha:

Australia is a really unique area for carnivorous plants, I'm sure your collection is/will be quite impressive before too long.

Welcome to TF, Stranger. I can't help but ask - what kind of sundews do you grow?

Welcome, Stranger! Can't wait to see your collection. :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome to TF, Stranger. I can't help but ask - what kind of sundews do you grow?

Hi Bluemax, I don't have anything really fancy at this stage, no pygmies or anything from the petiolaris complex.

I've mainly got D. capensis "Alba", D. nidiformis and what I think is D. spathulata (although my records show no mention of me ever buying that species). All of them have been relatively prolific though, I started with one of each, never did any pollination myself and now here's a pot with a few adult capensis (capensii? capenses? My Latin's rusty.) and most of the smaller seedlings I found in random places a few months ago.

h5qmagZl.jpg
iM4ev2Ql.jpg

When I put them all in there they were young enough that I couldn't tell what was what, but it's pretty obvious now. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it to be honest, but I foresee a nightmare if I put off repotting them for too long.

And here's a mixed pot that's been around for a couple of years now (back when I didn't have any real clue as to how large various plants could get). I don't ever recall planting nidiformis in it and for that matter I never planted VFTs so close to the edge either.

ueMsX5gl.jpg
cTZSh4Gl.jpg

Also got some D. capensis "Red" and D. binata var. multifida seeds that germinated a few weeks ago, but there's nothing to really see yet.

Last edited:
'Looks like a nice, healthy collection to me. Thank you for posting the photos!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the party that never ends!

xvart.

We are programmed to receive.....

No complimentary wine here I take it? :p

Back