What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all!

I've grown carnivorous plants (in their hundreds—mainly Utricularia, Sarracenia, Drosera) for 10+ years—but that's a while ago.
In 2008, I had to give up my large collection... *sniff*.
I'm getting back into it now, although I don't think I'll be able to go as crazy again as I used to.

I was in the CP listserv back in the day (anyone remember that?), and when I tried to sign up to the list again a few months back, I discovered that all the action seems to have moved here instead in recent years. So, OK, I'll give it a try!

I'm hoping to reconnect with some old friends online, and make new ones.

I've got a few nice Sarracenias for a start, including some four month old Sarr seedlings I started. I'll post a grow list when there's a point to it.
Looking for a few select Utricularia and Drosera now, perhaps a couple of pings and a ceph.
You know, taking it easy... ;)

Cheers,
Marcus

Last edited:
Welcome back and welcome aboard. We've got a great group of local New England growers as well. You should check out the NECPS sometime.

Hello Marcus,

Welcome back to the hobby!

Thank you!!

Welcome back and welcome aboard. We've got a great group of local New England growers as well. You should check out the NECPS sometime.

I joined the NECPS last year, but I still have to make it to the first meeting.
When I first moved to Connecticut, Barry Rice told me what a great group the NECPS is.
I hope I'll make it to my first meeting soon!

Be sure to make it to our show in September ! Should be the best one yet !

Cthul- where is the show this year? In Boston at the umm...what's it called convention center

Best of luck getting back into plants (anything plant related) can be addicting and I'm sure your moderate collection plans will soon be over ridden with your obsession to get more and more to study and watch grow and enjoy aswell as share with others! I wish u the best :) goodluck and happy growing :)

Thanks, KAT!
You won't be surprised to hear that you're not the first person to tell me that...

Hahaha i bet I'm not and i won't be the last lol!

Howdy, welcome to the forum from another Connecticuter. I'm located right on the NE side of New Haven and I know there are a couple other growers in this part of the state. I'm happy to feed the addiction while you get started back up, I'm sure I have some Sarrs that can be divided, mexi-Pings are easy enough, I have extras of some random ones but cuttings can be easily started for anything you're interested in. As for anything else its hit or miss with me but give me a try, shoot me a PM. Grow list is roughly up to date.

-Greg

Howdy, welcome to the forum from another Connecticuter. I'm located right on the NE side of New Haven and I know there are a couple other growers in this part of the state. I'm happy to feed the addiction while you get started back up, I'm sure I have some Sarrs that can be divided, mexi-Pings are easy enough, I have extras of some random ones but cuttings can be easily started for anything you're interested in. As for anything else its hit or miss with me but give me a try, shoot me a PM. Grow list is roughly up to date.

-Greg

Greg, wow, that's great. Thank you!

Also, great to meet you. I'm about an hour drive away from you, but anyway, I hope to meet you and the other CT and New England guys soon.
NECPS meeting in September?

No September meeting that I'm aware of due to the show. There is however one in August and sort of an unofficial one in July where a bunch of us will be visiting some bogs on Cape Cod.

I'll be out of state for the July shin dig, but August might work! I hadn't seen that.
(I meant the show when I mentioned the September meeting—sorry for the slip!)

I will be at the show for sure and likely the August meeting as well. Let me know if there's anything in particular you are looking for I can maybe just bring it to one of those.

KAT: It's at Tower Hill Botanical Gardens in Boylston, Mass.

Greg: You're a rock star! Thanks! I'll let you know closer to the date.

Ahrg...always so far to get too :(
Maybe i can go myself if i get a ride or take a train

Thanks for the answer and the friend request :)

Back