What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Sweden

masonix

Mr Masonix
Hi,

My name is Ulf and i live in Uppsala, Sweden a few miles north of Stockholm.
I'm 41 years old and live in a house with my wife, 10 year old kid and a rabbit.

I've found myself here to perhaps get some help with my new seeds i've planted and the plants i've bought pregrown so i'll read around and probably ask some really novice questions but bear with me because i think this is an excellent relaxation and i'll probably do this for years to come, i usually do when i find something fun and relaxing!

Best Regards,
Ulf

Welcome! What plants have you acquired?
Andrew

Hi,

Thanks!

The plants i bought grown are (ofcourse) a flytrap and Sarracenia Clementina (which oddly enough did not have "water" in it's traps when i bought it a week ago, and although i keep it in water it does not fill them)

Besides that i have planted 6 types of Drosera seeds, i am not positive i have done this correctly, but i have taken some photos.
My lamp is on 12 hours per day and i have ordered a plant LED light tube which i am going to use.

I did an upload, 2 of the Drosera i planted in regular natural drymoss, and 4 of them i planted in a special soil i got which i mixed with the white recommended sand and Spanghus moss on top.
All of them have water in the bottom until (and if) they start to sprout.

Took some photos!
Carnivorous Plants by Ulf Holmström | Photobucket

Oh, and if you want to watch my Flytrap live i added it to my CCTV system, CCTV cameras are my profession:
http://sanglarkvagen.ddns.net:8081/index.html
(login name: venus and password is flytrap )

Last edited:
Hi Ulf,

Welcome to the forum!

Sarracenia "Clementina" is a S. purpurea venosa. The pitchers don't fill up by themselves. In the wild, the pitcher would collect rain water. You can fill the pitchers with distilled, rain, or r.o. water if you want to see the traps in action.

Your Sarracenia, incidentally, should be given its winter rest now. It requires this dormancy. Trying to cultivate it all year through will lead to the eventual loss of the plant. (You can find plenty of information on Sarracenia dormancy online.) The same goes for Drosera anglica and other temperate sundews.

Cheers,
Marcus

Last edited:
Tjena, Ulf!
Terje from Norway here. I just joined myself. Welcome!

Hej Granne!

Ture and me will have to add artificial lightning for quite a while longer! :)

Welcome to TF!

Back