What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey all,

I noticed there's a few of you in here from around the Portland, OR area, so I'll be one more to the party!

Scatterpants and I are good friends and have been feeding each others plant addictions the last few months, particularly in the CP/orchid area.

While he tends to focus more on sub-tropical Pings I'm much more interested in temperate carnivores!

Here's my current list!

-American Pitcher Plants-
Sarracenia 'Dana's Delight'
Sarracenia flava x alata
Sarracenia flava x purpurea
Sarracenia leucophylla 'Tarnok'
Sarracenia 'Scarlet Belle'
Sarracenia 'Yellow Jacket'

-Nepenthes Pitchers-
Nepenthes spathulata x petiolata

-Australian Pitchers-
Cephalotus follicularis 'Typical'

-Bladderworts-
Utricularia bisquamata

-Bog Orchids (planted in bog garden)-
Calopogon tuberosus

-Butterworts-
Pinguicula 'Gina'
Pinguicula moranensis

-Cobra Lily-
Darlingtonia californica

-Sundews-
Drosera anglica x tracyi 'Southern Cross'
Drosera intermedia
Drosera tokaiensis x rotundifolia

-Venus Fly Traps-
Dionaea muscipula 'Akai Ryu'
Dionaea muscipula 'Dente'

Anyhow, looking forward to getting more involved on these boards. Seems like a great resource!

Cheers

Last edited:
Welcome fellow Oregonian! Looks like you have a good start on your collection too.

Hey its one of my favorite people! Don't be fooled by his lack of pictures folks, Cactusdan is a bonafide plant wizard.

Pretty sure I need photographic evidence of wizardry.

Welcome, New person of terraforums :welcome:
So you know, the more proper term for Asian pitchers would be nepenthes since two species live in Madagascar and many species live in the islands around asia and I've heard of at least one nepenthes from Australia, but I'm a stickler.

Anyway, here's one more welcome :welcome:

Welcome to TF, Cactusdan! That is quite a grow list. I'm guessing you have heard about our monthly Portland area meetings?

So you know, the more proper term for Asian pitchers would be nepenthes since two species live in Madagascar and many species live in the islands around asia and I've heard of at least one nepenthes from Australia, but I'm a stickler.

Ah, you are entirely correct! I had changed it elsewhere, but the list I copied from must still have it as "Asian". Updated!

Some photo evidence!

Drosera intermedia 'temperate'
13043250_10154151900258923_2063703002202871968_n.jpg

Darlingtonia californica
13103405_10154184128708923_2474757981529216752_n.jpg

Cephalotus follicularis (This guy took a big hit after shipping and doesn't look so glamorous ATM)
13076510_10154161347718923_8479056772355348069_n.jpg

D. m 'Dente' with a spidery snack
13245463_10154223870933923_3123162680900224727_n.jpg

Last edited:

Three Australian species I believe

Welcome!

Back