What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i stalk the drosera section of this forum frequently as i'm an extremely new grower, decided it was time to make my first post!
i started about 3 weeks ago with;
D. Capensis typical,
D. Spatulata unsure of location!
Ping. Primuliflora
these were my first ever cps but i jumped right in and just received a couple new lil guys!
D. Filiformis var. Tracyi
D. Intermedia i suppose its a typical?
D. Capillaris typical
D. Binata Dichotoma Red Form
pics soon when i post an official growlist!

Most species are just labeled by the species, capensis is given the typical notation because there are many popular forms besides the typical form :)
Now depending on how far south you are, capensis may prefer a windowsill to being grown outdoors, mine outside are all dead but will come back in the fall or winter

Now depending on how far south you are, capensis may prefer a windowsill to being grown outdoors, mine outside are all dead but will come back in the fall or winter

interesting you say that mine acclimated quickly then declined quickly, untill i put in the shadier side of my patio. i never thought about growing indoors

interesting you say that mine acclimated quickly then declined quickly, untill i put in the shadier side of my patio. i never thought about growing indoors
Haha, looks like you've figured it out! I think it's the combination of continually high temperatures, strong sunlight, and a lack of nightly temperature drops that gets them

i think i just followed you on instagram? sfl_guy?
good to see i was butchering my capensis out here😂

Last edited:
i think i just followed you on instagram? sfl_guy?
good to see i was butchering my capensis out here😂
Yup haha, that's me, no worries, we all do that down here

Welcome to terraforums :welcome:

Back