What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all,

I've been into carnivorous plants for a long time and always wanted to grow nepenthes but didn't think it would be realistic since Davis is practically a desert. Last summer I got a 60 or so gallon terrarium at the thrift store and grow lights and started growing some nepenthes, a drosera, a pinguicula, and a few bromeliads in it. I also turned a smaller terrarium into a cephalotus grow chamber a couple weeks ago. They both could be improved a bit but they seem to keep the plants happy.

This site has been an amazing resource and I have found tons of helpful information that helped me very much when I was creating my setup so I figured it was about time to join.

Glad you found the site helpful and decided to join! Would love to see what you have going on :)
Andrew

Good to have you here!

I'm not too far from you up the hill a bit. 12-16% humidity days is pretty much the desert!! The crew in chat has been a great help to get me growing Neps. Jump in chat sometime.

Hi LV_, small world! I'm a (mostly) Nepenthes grower in Davis too, currently going to school for plant sciences. Welcome!

Thanks everyone! Haha Clue I'm even transferring to UCD in fall 2018 for the same major

Back