What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sup guys from Portland Oregon

Heya laddies and ladies an all,

I'm Carson from Portland. I've been growing CPs since I was 5 or so so that makes it sixteen years of growing I guess, damn I'm getting old hah

I'm a part time student at PSU going for an International Studies degree with a minor in Japanese, それから、誰かが私と日本語を話しては良いだよ!

I grow sundews and have a few token other plants. But mostly sundews. Getting into rare African and Aussie species, and always keen to trade. My primary place of communication is FB so pm me and we can chat through there.

What I wanna accomplish here is A) trades for new Drosera species, and B), talk to any Japanese enthusiasts. それは日本語を練習しに行きたいからです。日本からほかの食虫植物協会社会人と会いたいです。よろしくお願いします!

Lemme know what's up, and if you're around PDX please do hit me up so we can talk shop.
Carson

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF, Carson! I'm a sundew-grower too. Since you are a local to the Portland area you might enjoy our monthly plant get-togethers here: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/general-discussions/131797-tf-rendezvous-portland.html

'Hope you enjoy the forums.
He was there last month, Mark! You may have even spoken to him.

I saw this thread wondering how many CP people there actually are in Portland before I realized I've already met you. Welcome to the forum!

Hello fellow northwester

He was there last month, Mark! You may have even spoken to him.

I saw this thread wondering how many CP people there actually are in Portland before I realized I've already met you. Welcome to the forum!

Ha! And now I remember. We did indeed speak.

Yessir we did, it's a lovely event you all have going at the pub. I'll be there again next month with a few choice plants for you guys to check out
Osito, you should come to the Moon & Sixpence to get to know some of the locals :)

Hey Carson its me, the longhair who has given ya short lifts home. You could consider me a Japanese grower technically haha but your Japanese writing skills surpass my own...well done! Glad to see ya here...I'll see ya next meeting!

Last edited:
Heya Carson!

Glad you joined up!

Do you have a wishlist of Drosera species you're interested in or a list of species you currently have?

There's a growlist section which I tend to add all that info for myself.

I don't have a ton of dews (and most of them came from you, lol), but interested to see if I can help you keep a lookout for anything!

Anyhow, can't wait to hang out at the next meet!

- Dan

Last edited:
There, my signature now includes my growlist. That's a hell of a growlist you have there btw, lots of sarrs.

じゃ、乗りはいいよね。それ、ありがとうございました。hahah but my japanese is still terrible ;p

Bonjour

welcome here ビアンヴニュ

do you grow terrestrial orchid from south africa and australia ?

may be also the genus dorstenia ?

jeff

Last edited:
Bonjour Jeff-san,

Unfortunately the only orchids I grow are the phalaenopsis I get from friends. I throw them in water trays and they bloom.

I have been curious however to become familiar with Oregonian orchid taxa, if anyone's keen we can discuss that.

Back