What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie from Prince Edward Island

Hi my name is Barb and I just bought my first VFT a couple of weeks ago. I am in love with Hoochie Goochie and she is one hungry little plant:-)) When she caught her first fruit fly I was all excited posting on Facebook but now she has caught a bunch of regular houseflies and she is almost full. I am trying to get another plant because this time of year these stupid houseflies are trying to hide for the winter months and we get nasty winters here. I never thought I would be so besotted with a plant :crazy: I also have 12 dogs and 5 birds, I am really a dog person :)

I hope to find a lot of advice on here because even the flower shop where I bought Hoochie Goochie knows very little...

Looking forward to meeting peeps from all over the world because I am quite sure there is no one in here within a few hundred miles of me ???

Welcome to). I am also recently enrolled.

Welcome! It sounds like you've been hit with the bug. . . Good luck!

Remember that flytraps require a winter dormancy so for Goochie's long term survival you will need to make sure she goes to sleep this winter with cooler temperatures and shorter daylight hours. (Think of South Carolina in the winter [their native habitat])

You'd be surprised how many CP growers there are near you. It's likely that the vast majority of them don't partipate in CP forums, but you never know.

Welcome to TF! Why am i reminded of an Aqua song?

Back