What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another west-coast Washingtonian

A few years ago I had the good fortune to visit Nova Scotia, where I saw my first pitcher plants ever. Although “bogging” wasn’t the purpose of the visit, the plants and their habitat were super intriguing. I didn't realize it at the time, but the hook had been set.

Fast forward several years…

I’ve always been a plant person, so, learning about and growing plants is a common pastime. In my online wanderings I stumbled across several carnivore-centric blogs, websites, forums and more. I lurked (a lot). Then, eventually, I got a few pings - my gateway drug. And then a few more. (You can see where this is going). And this past spring, I planted my first bog pots of mostly sarracenias.

I am a complete novice, been growing for just over a year, but a lot of what I have gathered in both information and inspiration has been from this forum and its tendrils into the CP community. So, thank you! And also, “hello”.

Welcome to the forum! The pacific northwest is a great place to grow carnivorous plants and there's lots of us around, especially in the Portland area.

Pings a gateway drug? Nah you started with some pretty hardcore stuff! Welcome to TF :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I do have family down in the Vancouver, WA / Portland, OR area, but I'm a few hours north near Olympia. If I'm ever down visiting and it coincides, I'll try and keep an eye peeled for your monthly get-togethers. In the meantime, I'll appreciate the virtual community!

Welcome to TF!

Back