What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Western Australia :)

Hey everyone,

been growing some carnivorous plants for a little while now here in WA but I've loved them since I was a kid (well, to be fair I'm just a big kid nowadays still haha!).

Looking forward to learning more on here especially in the area of growing from seed and meeting new people from around the world in this community :)!

Bonjour

:welcome: here

which city are you from, western australia is immense ???

jeff

G'day, mate!

Cheers for the welcome guys! I'm south of Perth in Mandurah area but I'm originally from the UK - definitely a learning experience trying to grow stuff here that's for sure! Seems like there are plenty of native Drosera here in Perth too :-D.

Bonjour

oh yes a lot of pygmy and tuberous drosera may be in flower actually .

some cephalothus , may be some byblis and utricularia

jeff

Last edited:
I'd really love to see the Cephalotus in the wild but I'm pretty far from Albany, maybe one day :D!

Aquiring some of the native cps would be a good move Nick especially those that grow locally. it would give you a year round interest too.
That's apart from wonderful beaches, warm climate, terrific scenery, an odd accent, roo stew and cheap camels

Definitely Fred, I've been looking when I've been out but no luck so far...I know there is lots of Drosera in my area though...Its just a matter of walking miles in mosquito territory :p!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Welcome to TF!

Back