What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Norway!

I have been growing CPs for a little over 5 years now and I am really enjoying it. I live between climate zones 6 and 7 so growing outdoors require some extra work, but I find that the most rewarding. I have most experience with sundews and butterworts, but I got my very first Nepenthes last week (a rescue project) and I hope to get even more. I'm looking forward to get to know you guys more and learn many new things.

:welcome: Welcome to TF, CarnivoreSaga. You may have discovered the joys of indoor sheltering for less cold-hardy plants in winter. A lot of species can be grown out of doors if there is some place warmer for them to winter over. I grow Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea and Pinguicula grandiflora and I would expect they could do well with your winter temperatures without any help.

Which Nepenthes do you now have?

I have very limited space so I overwinter my plants in the fridge. The winters here are not too cold (-10 to 0 degrees celcius), but it freezes and thaws a lot and they sit in small pots so I store them after the first frost. I only have one flytrap and one purpurea at the moment so I have enough room in the fridge. I took them outside last week. Eventually I want to make some large bog pots that I can just mulch and leave outside. I don't know what the nepenthes is yet. I picked up a neglected one at a flower shop and it's doing well now. As soon as it pitchers properly I will try to identify it.

Last edited:
Bonjour

:welcome: here

what pinguicula grow you in Norway?

jeff

Nei er det sant?? Jeg var nesten sikker på at jeg var den eneste fra Norge på dette forumet (og eneste som aktivt grodde nepenthes ihvertfall). Prøvde tilogmed å finne noen på hageforum, no such luck.

Men, velkommen! Befinner du deg i Oslo?

Back