What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! I've always been kind of interested in carnivorous plants, but didn't honestly expect to grow any in the near future if you asked me a month ago. Well, now I have two and have dove into this amazing hobby over the last two weeks. The first plant I ordered from amazon accidentally (I don't even know how I did it, but well.. I did) and it arrived buried under two inches of dirt. I repotted it because it was smushed against the edge, and could not receive direct sunlight. In the process I acquired a pitcher plant of unknown species, which will likely be identified by someone on here. Currently I am planning on separating the plants and moving the sundew into a pure LFS mixture with high humidity until it recovers. The pitcher will need dormancy anyways, as well as slightly different lighting. Will likely receive some D. Capensis seeds soon, so there's that to look forward to. So far, this has turned out to be an amazing hobby! I've already learned a lot from so many people, and look forward to continuing this hobby!
-- T

Welcome! I'm sure you will find this forum a good resource.

I would caution you about planting the sundew in LFS as many species don't like the air gaps that LFS creates unless you chop it up finely (which is a lot of work.)

Hmm. Good to know. What does root rot look like? I'm a bit concerned about my plant recently. I'll try to attach a picture.

view

Last edited:
Welcome to TF! And down with Photobucket!

Back