What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey there!

Hello everyone!

My CP interest was sparked this past summer when I saw VFTs at my local Sprouts. I decided to save one and within a week, I got another!

I am now a proud grower of 6 different VFT typicals, a bunch of Drosera capensis sprouts (they germinated less than 2 weeks ago), a couple Sarracenia purpurea (?), three baby clumps of Cephalotus, and a Nepenthes.

I have been on the FTC forums, but since I have diversified into other Genera, I figured it would be good to be a part of other forums.

I'm excited to learn more about these peculiar plants and discuss them with fellow enthusiasts!

Mary

:welcome: to TerraForums! Which Nepenthes do you have?

Welcome to Terraforums! Hope to see pictures of your plants.

Oh hey! I see you have found this forum as well- I'm Tryner78 on the fly trap care forum :p . Welcome to the forum! For images I suggest you get an imgur, as it makes it easy for others to see them. There's lots of experienced growers here, and the forum has a lot of good articles and experiments.

Good to be here, Tanukimo!

Thanks to MPX_78 aka Tryner78 (lol) for the suggestion of using Imgur, I will be able to share photos with you all.

Sashoke, I appreciate your input. Do you happen to have N. ventrata? Would you happen to have any advice to give a beginner to this Genus?

My new additions, a Nepenthes and baby Cephalotus clumps may need more specific care than I'm currently aware of.

Nep might need more humidity or just time to adjust, repotted 4 days ago.

As for my baby Ceph clumps, none of the pitchers are open and growth is really slow. They all have non/ carni leaves that were there when it arrived. Some have dried up since. Though I've read it can take a while to pitcher, it was potted (09/14) after a bareroot ship so maybe it still needs some time. My latitude with Albany, AUS is about 2 degrees off so I figured it would do well outside with minimum coddling. Was I naive to believe that? Lol. Yesterday I decided to place a clear orchid pot with lots of slits on each since it gets pretty breezy in my backyard, hoping it would increase humidity some.

Any input from those more experienced will be greatly appreciated! Please and thank you! Hmm, I should probably start a thread on a specific tab as well.

https://imgur.com/gallery/GHj9H

Back