What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from sunny South Africa

• Thread starter Normz
  • Start date
Hey everyone, my names Kyle from South Africa.

I’ve been into CPs for a while now with some mixed results, though mostly good. My collection currently is 7 VFTs(various types), a couple sundews(again, various types, probably around 15/20), and 5 neps(ventricosa, ventrata, hookeriana, (thorelii x companulata) x boschiana(x2 seedlings), 1sarr flava and 1sarr leucophylla. My latest addition is a Heliamphora minor x heterodoxa, and a bical(well, 11 seedlings).

Hoping to learn from everyone here and maybe help where I can with what I’ve learned so far with these amazing plants.

Welcome, there are quite a few native drosera that grow native to South Africa. Have you ever had the chance to go see them in their habitat?

Unfortunately not. Before I got into cps I never knew we had any natives, and I haven’t been to the coast since. Apparently we also have some big utricularia populations too, so I may go do some hiking over the holidays

Back