What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Savannah Georgia

• Thread starter Fresh Hex
  • Start date
My name's Jay. I've never really tried to keep any plants before, but I'm very interested in trying out various species. I mainly keep roaches, millipedes, and tarantulas.

Are there any carnivorous plants native to my area? I can't seem to find a good source of info.

Welcome! I'm down here in Glynn Co. You can find some CP's at Harris Neck Preserve and the Okeefenokee. In the spring there are some easy to find by the road in North McIntosh, too.

Welcome to the forum. There are several sarracenia species that have ranges in Georgia. If you're looking to start your own collection starting with most of the carnivorous plants that are native to the US will give you a lot of success.

I'm still researching but I'm particularly interested in Drosera and Utricularia. I'm planning on clearing out some space in my bug room to set up a grow light soon.

Bonjour

pinguicula also

P.primuliflora (a little) and a lot of P.caerulea and P.lutea .

jeff

Hey, I'm in Sav too! I have a species of Utricularia I can give you for free, I forgot what type it is, but I'll check if you are interested. And oddly enough, I've been a keeper of inverts for over 10 years, I'd love to talk bugs some time! I mainly keep isopods now. It's nice to know there are people in this city that actually have some of the same interests! :D Please PM me sometime!

Hey, I'm in Sav too! I have a species of Utricularia I can give you for free, I forgot what type it is, but I'll check if you are interested. And oddly enough, I've been a keeper of inverts for over 10 years, I'd love to talk bugs some time! I mainly keep isopods now. It's nice to know there are people in this city that actually have some of the same interests! :D Please PM me sometime!

Awesome! I appreciate it! I keep isopods too, I have small colonies of P scaber morphs, A maculatum, P floria, P dialatus, O aesellus, P laevis (dairy cow morph), and I recently lost my small Montenegro colony. I think I recognize your name... are you on the roach forum as well?

Last edited:
Awesome! I appreciate it! I keep isopods too, I have small colonies of P scaber morphs, A maculatum, P floria, P dialatus, O aesellus, P laevis (dairy cow morph), and I recently lost my small Montenegro colony. I think I recognize your name... are you on the roach forum as well?

That's quite a collection! I have Spanish Orange, Giant Canyons, Dalmatian, Peach Pills, Zebra Pills and Montenegro. Sorry for the common names, I'm just not practiced with my scientific names like I used to be. :p

I'm also keeping a species of Spider Beetle, some orange head roaches, mealworms and pink Ramshorn snails.

I used to keep so many inverts . . . I used to have so many connections that I could get things Zoos and Universities couldn't get. I've been breeding (and trading and selling) inverts for around 20 years at this point. Also, I used to work at a butterfly farm in Miami, I worked for a traveling butterfly conservatory, and I had my own bug show business at one point. Those were fun times. Now I just keep a few easy invert species and I have no intention of getting any more. lol

Anyway, I PMed you back. :)
Talk to you later!

That's quite a collection! I have Spanish Orange, Giant Canyons, Dalmatian, Peach Pills, Zebra Pills and Montenegro. Sorry for the common names, I'm just not practiced with my scientific names like I used to be. :p

I'm also keeping a species of Spider Beetle, some orange head roaches, mealworms and pink Ramshorn snails.

I used to keep so many inverts . . . I used to have so many connections that I could get things Zoos and Universities couldn't get. I've been breeding (and trading and selling) inverts for around 20 years at this point. Also, I used to work at a butterfly farm in Miami, I worked for a traveling butterfly conservatory, and I had my own bug show business at one point. Those were fun times. Now I just keep a few easy invert species and I have no intention of getting any more. lol

Anyway, I PMed you back. :)
Talk to you later!

haha you know Josh then huh? I have spider beetles as well.
If you'd like to trade or sell some of your peaches or dalmations, let me know!

I just breed insects as a hobby and sometimes do exhibits for children at Oatland Island and Wormsloe. If you know anyone who brought their kids to either place around Halloween, I was the bug guy.

Acro is a really cool guy and gifted me my first CPs, an Urticularia livida and a small Drosera capensis. Very appreciative.

My name's Jay. I've never really tried to keep any plants before, but I'm very interested in trying out various species. I mainly keep roaches, millipedes, and tarantulas.

Are there any carnivorous plants native to my area? I Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card can't seem to find a good source of info.

Welcome how are you ?

Last edited:
Back