What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long time lurker from FL

• Thread starter Greatwun
  • Start date
Joined up many years but never got into the hobby. Would now like to get into growing Nepenthes and add a few to my collection. Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

:welcome:
You mention adding Nepenthes to your collection, what do you currently grow?

Welcome, looking at when your account was made you have been here for a while indeed. What pushed you to start up just now?

:welcome:
You mention adding Nepenthes to your collection, what do you currently grow?

I only keep a few paphiopedilum orchids right now. I just purchased two Nepenthes hybrids off eBay and waiting for them to arrive.

Welcome, looking at when your account was made you have been here for a while indeed. What pushed you to start up just now?

I have some more time I can devote to the hobby. Work hours in the past have forced me to put many of my hobbies on hold. I used to really like growing paph orchids and a few native plants that grow in FL.

Welcome to the site. I went to college in Melbourne at FIT and remember visiting the Erna Nixon Hammock. Just Googled it and see it is much more official now than then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erna_Nixon_Park

My point in mentioning the Hammock is that I remember seeing some really nice yards with beautiful plants while I bicycled around in Melbourne Village. I wish you well with your newly acquired time and hope you get to really enjoy it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. I went to college in Melbourne at FIT and remember visiting the Erna Nixon Hammock. Just Googled it and see it is much more official now than then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erna_Nixon_Park

My point in mentioning the Hammock is that I remember seeing some really nice yards with beautiful plants while I bicycled around in Melbourne Village. I wish you well with your newly acquired time and hope you get to really enjoy it.

Thanks I’ve never heard of that place before but I will definitely have to check it out in the future.

Back