What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Western Washington

• Thread starter Addicted
  • Start date
Hello all, just another CP lover looking for like minded individuals. I started young like most others, lost quite a few also. Started outdoors in the mid 90's in order to build a good foundation. Spurts of collecting all through the millennium. Tried Hydra in 2013 to keep me occupied through some horrible personal events, thanking my plants in helping me retain my sanity. After realizing I have an addiction, I found your site. It's always amazing to see the changes and new information available regarding these incredible plants and look forward to meeting more of you. Thank you in advance for your warm welcomes, Addicted

:welcome: Welcome, indeed to Terra Forums! Since you are roughly in the greater Seattle/Tacoma region of our state you might want to check out the information of the W. WA CP Group who meets in the Seattle area here: https://www.terraforums.com/forums/forum155/ Bob Beer and his friends are a great group to hang out and share information with.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been patiently waiting since November. Hopefully winter dormancy will end soon.

There's always indoor growing as well. 100 watt equivalent LED bulbs or compact florescents do a good job of lighting tropical or semi-tropical species in winter. These allow one to grow a few plants without spending a lot of money on expensive lighting setups. Just a thought.

Thanks, beat you to it. Currently 2100 watts of T5HO for my inside plants. Still figuring out pics for all too see, thanks bluemax

:-D Ha! I might've guessed. I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos. What do you grow indoors?

Yep, pings, drosera, Cephs, neps, regias, heli's, utrics, dionaea and lots of "others". Multiple offset photoperiods all astronomical, oh yeah also grow sphagnum for topdressing. Need to try dewy pines, roridula, aldrovandra and byblis. Genlisea would be cool also. Need more room....thanks bluemax

Welcome! I too am interested in seeing some photos =)

Thanks, adnedarn. Looking forward to them, hopefully up to expectations. Had problems in the past with photos being claimed by others. Thinking watermarks or identifying backgrounds, old friend is going to help next week. Sometimes I'm a little slow (comes with age). I'm not as sociable as I used to be but I'm feeling comfortable here!. Thanks

Nice meeting you at the Portland meet up!

Wow, what nice neat setups you have, very tidy and your plants look awesome. I love your outside bog setups! Hope to see you again at another Portland meet.

Thank you DJ57, looking forward to Portland again. It was a pleasure talking sarracenia's with you.

Back