What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Jakarta, Indonesia

• Thread starter Lucied
  • Start date
Hi everyone...just recently starting this new hobby of carnivorous plants. I live in the capital of Indonesia , Jakarta. Considered lowland and humid...typical tropic areas.
I started from Drosera, Utricularia and Sarracenia...now im starting Nepenthes and Pinguicula. This forum has been really helpful for me to prepare all the things I need to grow them all. Hope I can learn more n more from you guys in this forum. Previously, Ive been collecting stag & rhino beetle. He3!

Best regards!

Lucky for you, living in an area where you can grow lowland Nepenthes without needing to set up a special enclosure.

Thx...but im struggling to keep Sarracenia, VFT and especially Heliaamphora & Cephalotus here. Im envy of ur weather by this... since its so hot n humid here in summer.
Always two sides for everything then hahahah

Yeah, I imagine it would be almost impossible to keep sarrs, flytraps, and helis happy there in the long term.

You should get in touch with growers in Malaysia. I know they've figured out fridge dormancy for that climate with temperate plants. Unfortunately heat-sensitive plants like Cephalotus and Heliamphora are going to require a cooling system.

Back