What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another question

• Thread starter Mobious
  • Start date
I actually got three seedlings this summer 2 pitchers and its still really small but I think it is a VFT
The temps here in the north east are starting to be consistently in the low 50's and mid 40's
in the day and low to mid 30's and high 20's at night. My question is when should I bring
those seedlings for the dormant time? The color on them is still bright red.

If you want to, you can skip the first year of dormancy for sarrs and flytraps by bringing them inside and growing them under lights. After that they will need the regular dormancy. If you do just want to bring them in for dormancy now is a good time. Just find an unheated windowsill.

If you want to, you can skip the first year of dormancy for sarrs and flytraps by bringing them inside and growing them under lights. After that they will need the regular dormancy. If you do just want to bring them in for dormancy now is a good time. Just find an unheated windowsill.

Thank you very much
And I have to say Grey Moss you have been very very helpful every since I started this hobby
Thanks again

Last edited:
Back