What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from New Jersey!

Hello fellow CP lovers. Just got into the hobby a little over a year ago, fully immersed, addicted. I really wanted to share a bunch of photos with you all but that appears to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. (No attachment option on webpage when it's on my phone, where all my pictures are) anyhow. Hello!

Welcome to the forums, Couch! You will love it here, lots of great info! Decades of info in here so searching works really great. If you can’t find what you wants exactly I have found searching on google with the keyword terraforums along with my question helps me find old info. But people here are very nice and interested in helping so ask anytime. 😃

I really wanted to share a bunch of photos with you all but that appears to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. (No attachment option on webpage when it's on my phone, where all my pictures are) anyhow.

I use photobucket some use Flickr. It is annoying to have the watermark from photobucket but it makes it possible. Definitely lots of work though. But love seeing images so hope you do it. 😁

Welcome to the forums, Couch! You will love it here, lots of great info! Decades of info in here so searching works really great. If you can’t find what you wants exactly I have found searching on google with the keyword terraforums along with my question helps me find old info. But people here are very nice and interested in helping so ask anytime. 😃

I use photobucket some use Flickr. It is annoying to have the watermark from photobucket but it makes it possible. Definitely lots of work though. But love seeing images so hope you do it. 😁

Hello Odysseus, thanks for the warm welcome. I have attempted to take your advice I successfully uploaded about 30 photos to Flickr (it was the free one). I'm still trying to figure out how to share a link from it tho, my nickname on there is the same as here, idk if that helps maybe you could find it. I usually feel computer savvy but I'm not big on pictures/ social media so now I feel inept. Well, I will keep trying if it it didn't work. I feel dumb man haha literally googling every step. To seemingly no avail.

Hello Odysseus, thanks for the warm welcome. I have attempted to take your advice I successfully uploaded about 30 photos to Flickr (it was the free one). I'm still trying to figure out how to share a link from it tho, my nickname on there is the same as here, idk if that helps maybe you could find it. I usually feel computer savvy but I'm not big on pictures/ social media so now I feel inept. Well, I will keep trying if it it didn't work. I feel dumb man haha literally googling every step. To seemingly no avail.

You are welcome! PhotoBucket is free too and it will put a watermark on your image and allow you to get a DIRECT LINK and add it here between some [IMG and [/IMG codes.

This is a great VFT shot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146000276@N02/46457863742/

Try and see if you can isolate the image on a new tab and share to it directly.

But might not be able to with Flickr without getting the Pro version. With PhotoBucket I know you can.

welcome to the forums :) its a little quiet around here but i hope you will stick around and help us build up a nice tight community :banana2:

I use flickr and for me i click on the photo and it asks if i want to share it and clicking that gives direct link. putting that link in your post will inject the photo!

ill throw up a few of yours i really love
5E5076B3-183C-403B-8308-33911DD23426 by sean goan, on Flickr
0B34F693-DAD7-459E-9889-4392A289287E by sean goan, on Flickr
1F2C8540-3D34-413A-9B31-835B455B000A by sean goan, on Flickr
052FFCF2-80BC-464C-A7C1-60EFCBF7FAB7 by sean goan, on Flickr

I am glad you are enjoying the photos, I have many more, I will probably work on doing a larger upload within next week when I have more free time. I have been trying to enter one into the plant of the month but to no avail, I emailed the pic to myself, saved the image, to my iPad, now it "fails to upload" SMH!

The files are maybe too big? The forum will downsize your photos to keep page loading speed high, but if the files are really big, it won't even try to prevent the uploading and processing of the forum from slowing things down. You can also try processing one photo at a time, not one to a post but rather only select one photo then click upload then go back and select another photo... it will still add them all to the same post (you will see the photos show up in the bottom panel)
Andrew

To add to what Adnedarn said, you should only share resized images to Flickr. I always edit my photos to be max 1000 width. That still brings a nice large image while keeping it within the forum boundaries and good size enough to fit an iPad browsing experience. The Mobile site version resizes on its own.

So instead of just loading from your phone you might need to take the images into an editor like Gimp or Photoshop to resize them before uploading. But Flickr might have an editor tool like PhotoBucket that allows you to resize your images from the site.

Last edited:
Well, it's been two days now and I can't figure out images/pics. I have emailed them to different devices, put them on Flickr, changed their size from small to medium to whatever, tried to share links, tried to embed image links, tried to use bbcode ( sooo close but it won't let me copy the link to paste it.) I have tried everything I see. I haven't the slightest clue how to do it. I successfully uploaded my Hamata pitcher picture to my flickr for plant of the month but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. I used to go on forums a lot when I was younger (at some/dirt bikes) but back then it was as simple as copying and pasting images. Anyway, rant over. Enjoy the Hamata pic if you can see it!

[MENTION=13574]CouchLock89[/MENTION] I don't use that, but does this help?
https://help.flickr.com/en_us/get-the-url-of-a-flickr-photo-S1Hnnmjym

Once you use that to get the URL, when you're posting here click the insert image icon
20181230000210-7f15bf47.png
, select from URL and paste the URL then click OK.

You might be keeping the Check Box Checked too that asks for you to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" which will have an error. (Honestly, Adnedarn, is there a way to get that to be UNCHECKED by Default?)

Try this:

STEP ONE
Step1.jpg

STEP TWO
Step2.jpg

STEP THREE
Step3.jpg

Back