Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from New Jersey!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hello from New Jersey!

Hello fellow CP lovers. Just got into the hobby a little over a year ago, fully immersed, addicted. I really wanted to share a bunch of photos with you all but that appears to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. (No attachment option on webpage when it's on my phone, where all my pictures are) anyhow. Hello!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, Couch! You will love it here, lots of great info! Decades of info in here so searching works really great. If you canít find what you wants exactly I have found searching on google with the keyword terraforums along with my question helps me find old info. But people here are very nice and interested in helping so ask anytime. 😃

Quote Originally Posted by CouchLock89 View Post
    I really wanted to share a bunch of photos with you all but that appears to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. (No attachment option on webpage when it's on my phone, where all my pictures are) anyhow.
    I use photobucket some use Flickr. It is annoying to have the watermark from photobucket but it makes it possible. Definitely lots of work though. But love seeing images so hope you do it. 😁

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Couch! You will love it here, lots of great info! Decades of info in here so searching works really great. If you canít find what you wants exactly I have found searching on google with the keyword terraforums along with my question helps me find old info. But people here are very nice and interested in helping so ask anytime. 😃

I use photobucket some use Flickr. It is annoying to have the watermark from photobucket but it makes it possible. Definitely lots of work though. But love seeing images so hope you do it. 😁
    Hello Odysseus, thanks for the warm welcome. I have attempted to take your advice I successfully uploaded about 30 photos to Flickr (it was the free one). I'm still trying to figure out how to share a link from it tho, my nickname on there is the same as here, idk if that helps maybe you could find it. I usually feel computer savvy but I'm not big on pictures/ social media so now I feel inept. Well, I will keep trying if it it didn't work. I feel dumb man haha literally googling every step. To seemingly no avail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CouchLock89 View Post
    Hello Odysseus, thanks for the warm welcome. I have attempted to take your advice I successfully uploaded about 30 photos to Flickr (it was the free one). I'm still trying to figure out how to share a link from it tho, my nickname on there is the same as here, idk if that helps maybe you could find it. I usually feel computer savvy but I'm not big on pictures/ social media so now I feel inept. Well, I will keep trying if it it didn't work. I feel dumb man haha literally googling every step. To seemingly no avail.
    You are welcome! PhotoBucket is free too and it will put a watermark on your image and allow you to get a DIRECT LINK and add it here between some [IMG and [/IMG codes.

This is a great VFT shot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146000...2/46457863742/

Try and see if you can isolate the image on a new tab and share to it directly.

But might not be able to with Flickr without getting the Pro version. With PhotoBucket I know you can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forums its a little quiet around here but i hope you will stick around and help us build up a nice tight community

I use flickr and for me i click on the photo and it asks if i want to share it and clicking that gives direct link. putting that link in your post will inject the photo!

ill throw up a few of yours i really love
    5E5076B3-183C-403B-8308-33911DD23426 by sean goan, on Flickr
    0B34F693-DAD7-459E-9889-4392A289287E by sean goan, on Flickr
    1F2C8540-3D34-413A-9B31-835B455B000A by sean goan, on Flickr
    052FFCF2-80BC-464C-A7C1-60EFCBF7FAB7 by sean goan, on Flickr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad you are enjoying the photos, I have many more, I will probably work on doing a larger upload within next week when I have more free time. I have been trying to enter one into the plant of the month but to no avail, I emailed the pic to myself, saved the image, to my iPad, now it "fails to upload" SMH!

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The files are maybe too big? The forum will downsize your photos to keep page loading speed high, but if the files are really big, it won't even try to prevent the uploading and processing of the forum from slowing things down. You can also try processing one photo at a time, not one to a post but rather only select one photo then click upload then go back and select another photo... it will still add them all to the same post (you will see the photos show up in the bottom panel)
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to what Adnedarn said, you should only share resized images to Flickr. I always edit my photos to be max 1000 width. That still brings a nice large image while keeping it within the forum boundaries and good size enough to fit an iPad browsing experience. The Mobile site version resizes on its own.

So instead of just loading from your phone you might need to take the images into an editor like Gimp or Photoshop to resize them before uploading. But Flickr might have an editor tool like PhotoBucket that allows you to resize your images from the site.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 12-29-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast