What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Central Europe

• Thread starter iamblichos
  • Start date
Hello to everyone....i´m a pretty new to the hobby, since one year...hope to learn a lot from experienced growers and articles....my growlist includes sarracenias - flava with some subspecies, leucophylla, psittacina and purpurea, cephalostus folicullaris, nepenthes ventrata, one unknow pinguicula from supermarket and some droseras - capillaris, capensis, aliciae, paradoxa and three droseras from seed - binata, sessilifolia and Burmanii
Daniel, Bratislava

welcome :) sounds like you have a pretty good sized collection for only being in the hobby one year! Would love to see any photos of your plants and know what your areas climate is.

:welcome: I agree, that is a pretty large growing list for only one year! This place is a treasure trove of information if you search through the archives.

Bonjour

:welcome:

for the ping make us a flower picture , surely a hybrid (may be x'Tina' or x'Sethos' )

So i live in Central Europe,we have mild winters with temperatures round 0C,usually -5 to +5 in months december-february, snow is very rare in Bratislava, and relative long summers with little rainy days in last years. Will try to attach some photos

Here are part of Sarracenias on window sill in the floor during the winter, window is in south with much direct sun in winter

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 49
Here is my unknown pinguicula and drosera paradoxa

Attachments

• IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
And here droseras - sessilifolia, burmanii and binata, all my first attempts to grow a plant from seed

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 51
My apologies for the wrong rotations:nightmare:

sounds like a nice place to grow Sarracenia and VFTs outside!

Thanks for sharing photos, those Drosera looks very happy :)

Those strike me as excellent first attempts. I'm not sure about the ping but maybe it is one of the moranensis group or a hybrid from there.

for me the Ping is an hybrid ,P. x'Tina' (agnata x zecheri) , quite common in gardening in europe.

Last edited:
for me the Ping is an hybrid ,P. x'Tina' (agnata x zecheri) , quite common in gardening in europe.

I bow to Jeff 2's greater knowledge of Pinguicula.

For this year i have somewhat challenging plans - to grow drosophylla lusitanica from seed /second attempt, last year unfortunately i don´t have pay attention and bradysiae eats my just sprouting plants:-(/ and try some epiphytic utricularias - u. alpina. Hope to collect some informations here...

Back