What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just checking in

• Thread starter JKS_NYC
  • Start date
I have been a lurker for a little bit on terraforums since I have found a love for cps. My first encounter with cps was a VFT my dad got me in the mid 90’s. Later on in life’s path I had someone come into a hydroponics store I was working at in MA in 2014-2015 asking if we carried any cps and if we carried any medium or pre mixed mediums for it. Unfortunately the shop did not carry the plants but nonetheless less it intrigued me to do my research and understand why they were asking for them. After months of reading up on them and reading savage gardens I fell in love. My first purchase were 2 Drosera capensis in 2015 from a garden center in southern New Hampshire. That was my first hands on interaction with cps that took place over a few years getting to understand those sundews

Fast forward to present time.

I have quite a few house plants that have plenty of fungus gnats to go around, random house flys, and the occasional yellow jacket that manage to make it into the house. My plan was to purchase a sundew but that turned into a cart full of plants and here I am now happy to be a part of the terraforums community. I have so much more to learn and my brain is a sponge ready to absorb it all.

This is what I have in my current collection

Nepenthes Singalana x Ventricosa
Nepenthes Alata
Nepenthes Ventricosa
Drosera Allciae
Drosera Capensis 'alba narrow leaf'
Drosera Spatulata
Drosera Dichotoma 'Giant'
Drosera Omissa x pulchella "light pink with red center"
Sarracenia x 'Abandoned Hope'
Sarracenia x 'Dana’s' Delight
Sarracenia Alata "Harrison CO, MS"