Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hola!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hola!

Hello everyone! A few of you may know me as Xanthoparmelia from some other forums. I reside in the midwest, where the climate creates conditions barely habitable for my plants. Somehow I manage to make it work, as I constantly move things indoors and out, to deal with fluctuating and sometimes severe weather conditions.

Sarracenia are the focal point of my collection, followed closely by Pinguicula, then Drosera, Dionaea and Utricularia. I'm also a fan of Genlisea, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia and Cephalotus, though they don't have as much representation in my collection as the other genera. I even dabble with uncommon protocarnivores like S. debile, C. berteroniana, R. gorgonias, and B. reducta. Really, the only major genus I don't grow is Nepenthes.

I'm looking forward to geeking out with my fellow plant-nerds here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You already know me from other forums(sanguinearocks101) but I just wanted to say that you need to get some Nepenthes. Tu necesitas un Nepenthes! Carnivero has a great selection of Nepenthes for good prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had 'em, sold 'em. I think they're cool-looking plants and all, but can have a big footprint. I didn't really like managing the vine-like way in which they grow. If i get a big greenhouse, then I may consider picking them up again. Until then, Sarracenia = The king of all CPs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Terra Forums! I'd like to hear about your sundews.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know me as well, ChefDean (I'm not very creative), from other forums. Great to see you here, Xantho.
    Last edited by ChefDean; 04-04-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is just that I make bad decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefDean View Post
    You know me as well, ChefDean (I'm not very creative), from other forums. Great to see you here, Xantho.
    What's up my dude. Good to see friendly faces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Welcome to Terra Forums! I'd like to hear about your sundews.
    Hi Mark. Well, I have a lot of the varieties that are common in cultivation; Lots of the South African tropical species and North American temperates. I'm working on adding more South American dews and other uncommon varieties, like D. chrysolepis and D. murfetii. Don't have any tuberous and as much as I'd like to grow them, I can't accommodate conditions appropriate for petiolaris complex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you know me, too. Same name as on the other forum... I'm looking for murfetii, too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xantho View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mark. Well, I have a lot of the varieties that are common in cultivation; Lots of the South African tropical species and North American temperates. I'm working on adding more South American dews and other uncommon varieties, like D. chrysolepis and D. murfetii. Don't have any tuberous and as much as I'd like to grow them, I can't accommodate conditions appropriate for petiolaris complex.
    'Gotta love the S. African species. I'm looking for D. chrysolepis, and D. camporupestris, too. I have a D. murfetii that I have been grooming for the upcoming auction...
    Last edited by bluemax; 04-04-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    - Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast