What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Chicago.

I'm a somewhat newer grower, doing this for about two years in earnest. I had a stint some years back that ended poorly (dead plants) so I took a break to research. Going much better now.

I'm kind of in that experienced beginner/rookie intermediate grower sweet spot where I'm doing extremely well with the "beginner" plants, and want to branch out.

I currently have several VFTs, D. Spatulata, D. Capensis regular/alba/big pink, D. Burmanii, D. Natalensis, D. multifida, D. Binata, N. Ventrata, S. Purpurea Fat Chance and an unidentified hybrid purpurea.

This coming year I have goals to make a kind of portable bog garden that can come indoors in the winter, and to branch out into some new maybe more challenging varieties. My short list is D. Adelae, D. Regia, and several other large-leafed sundews.

I'm really grateful to have learned how to keep these guys alive this time, and I look forward to continuing to work with them.

So good to meet you guys. I'll see you around.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum!
I'm about 90 miles North of you in Milwaukee metro area.
I probably have a couple Drosera, or their seeds, to share with you this Spring.
Good growing,
Mike

Oh cool. I look forward to working that out. Oddly enough I drive through your city every day for work right now. Good to meet you

Hi,
Welcome to the forum!
I'm about 90 miles North of you in Milwaukee metro area.
I probably have a couple Drosera, or their seeds, to share with you this Spring.
Good growing,
Mike

I'm still learning how the site works and all that, but I just saw your grow list. We may have to work out some trades, sales, or whatever needs to happen, because you've got some REALLY cool stuff. I'll meet you at the Mars Cheese Castle. Haha

I was searching the site to see if you had posted where you live after I asked in the overwintering thread. I like to add into my profile where I live, even generally, so others can know the general area I live in. Like, I'm not down in the Florida Panhandle, but up north.

Good to meet you! I spent a few years in Champaign-Urbana. Still miss the thunderstorms.

As for a moveable bog for overwintering, check out my shameless plug post about the rolling planter I made.

Thread 'Rolling Raised Bed' Rolling Raised Bed

Back