What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Canada

• Thread starter Jonathan87
  • Start date
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself. I just turned 33 yesterday and have had a fair bit of experience with CP's. I live in BC Canada and have a wife and one son who I am hoping to get into the hobby. My passion is natural CP's. Not man made plants although I do like natural wild hybrids. I guess you could say I am a purist. I'm like that with fish too. I like location data plants and am trying to make my dream bog, a North Carolina only bog and hope to get some property someday and have a walk through bog where I can see them like they are in the wild. I pretty much have everything with the exception of Sarracenia flava var.maxima and Sarracenia flava var. artropurpurea "All red tube" and don't have any hybrid type plants yet. I also don't have any of the Pinguiculas found in North Carolina so I am always on the lookout for those plants, so if you have any seed of the above kinds with location data of North Carolina please PM me :).

Last edited:
:welcome: 'Hope you find all that you are looking for. Your bog plans sound cool.

Welcome Jonathan. An outdoor bog would be great. How cold does it get there by you? I measured 8F this AM.

Welcome Jonathan. An outdoor bog would be great. How cold does it get there by you? I measured 8F this AM.

Hi Jerry,
Doesn't get extremely cold here. Today it was -0C but that is rare for here. It usually doesn't dip below 10C here in winter times. Just lots of rain and IF it does snow it never stays. IMO we kind of get weather mimicking NC weather.

Hi Jerry,
Doesn't get extremely cold here. Today it was -0C but that is rare for here. It usually doesn't dip below 10C here in winter times. Just lots of rain and IF it does snow it never stays. IMO we kind of get weather mimicking NC weather.

Very nice. You should be able to grow some nice plants outdoors.

Welcome, good to see you!

Back