What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for any Pygmy gemmae

I got the gemmae I needed, thank you all so much!!

Gemmae have been sent out. Let me know when they arrive!

Will do!

Thanks again!

Whim and HCarlton, both of your envelopes arrived today and the pygmy are placed nicely on the top of a 2 parts sand 1 part peat soil mixture in my Pygmy Jar and in a couple 2.5 inch square pots.

I keep wondering if I should have spread them out like I did, and inevitably have some denser areas where I overlapped too much, or just have put all in the center to let the plants mound/group together in the center of the growing medium...

Thank you for your generosity and help!

Last edited:
I keep mine pretty spread apart, and then if and when they make more gemmae, just let them fill in the remaining space.

That sounds smart. I may have spread them out but not enough to avoid any overlap when they grow full size. It is almost a surprise to see where some gemmae ended up no matter how careful you thought you were. Especially with careful drip watering possibly pushing things all over the place. XD

Stoked to update on their growth!

Back