What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LTB Drosera capensis varities

Hello everyone, I'm looking for verified varieties of capensis seeds (or live plant, seeds preferred).
I'd be willing to pay reasonably for the following varieties/locality/genre.

Drosera capensis-- Paul Debbert Munich Germany "Giant".
Drosera capensis-- Bain's Kloof
Drosera capensis-- Vogelgat Nature Reserve
Drosera capensis--"All red" Gifburg locality, or extremely dark red plant from cultivation.
Drosera capensis-- "Compact Rosette"

Any interesting forms, the ones listed, or other plants you could tell me about I would consider. I'll need some given evidence that the plant is actually that form, whether the evidence is pictures of mother plant, receipts from credible nurseries/importers. etc. I'm willing to compromise.

These will be used in a cultivation effort to understand the different growth and plant characteristics among the varities/localities/genres.

Further efforts (by me) will be made to cross these plants to result in new/ different variations.

Last edited:
i have a nice clump vogelgat reserve variety you can have. If you ever get the compact rosette variety let me in on it too 8)

I'm sorry millipede, I was going to get the compact rosette, it was in the shopping cart and everything from a European source, unfortunately the cost of bringing in seeds was extravagant.

I'm interested to see how this all goes and will be following. The Bains Kloof looks awesome, I want one now too. I have a capensis "All Red", will let you know if it flowers.

Last edited:
Thank you Randoja, this project has put up a surprising pretty penny, but most of it went towards the terrarium they'll be growing in.

I do need more "All Red" seeds for sure!!

I'll have extremely limited Blains Kloof, that's one of the plants I'll be mass propagating after the growth observation is done after a year-2 years.

I have some D. capensis red form seeds. I've been feeding mine a lot while it flowered so it's not super red right now, but it gets extremely deep red in good light with less food.

I've also got 2 small D. capensis Baineskloof plants. I'll be feeding them up a lot in the next month or two. I could get you a leaf cutting sometime after the first of the year, or a plantlet a bit after that. I realize that that's a little while from now, but it's an option if you're interested. Hit me up on PMs if you wanna chat further.

Back