What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTB Dioscroea elephantipes

• Thread starter aerogrower
  • Start date
Would like to buy a specimen size plant if possible. I would also be interested in trying some from seed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

If no one here has them to trade or sell, I have seen these for sale at Top Tropicals in FL. You may need to call them.

I would also suggest, Ray, that you contact Out of Africa ... Though I do feel obligated to warn you that you should probably give your wallet and all its contents over to your wife for safe keeping while you peruse their site.

Thanks Dave and Paul. I'm surprised that no one on the forum has this for sale. I appreciate the heads up and will check both sites you guys mentioned. I will contact them today.

If you want to try growing from seed, Silverhill often lists them.

I bought one from this vendor on ebay with good success!

ccnursery on eBay

There are none listed right now but I would contact them anyway

Last edited:
Also might try Botanic Wonders. I sent this gentleman an email in April and said he might have some ready by Summer. None in stock on their site but its worth a shot

Al Klein <botanicwonders@gmail.com>

Nick, Thanks for the inquiry. At this time I do to have any Dioscorea plants ready for sale. They are slow growing. I may have a few plants that may be ready this summer. Keep in touch. Take care.

Back