1. savagegarden - thanks! I'll do a giveaway soon, my gemmae are getting there!
2. SFLguy, much better chances of winning here
3. SgtSarracenia - thanks
4. nimbulan - thanks for the chance!
5. SSS - well guess it doesn't hurt to enter twice. Thanks
7. DragonsEye -- generous offer
I have used zeolite in aquariums too, but just have seen little mention of it as part of a ping mix. I was surprised to see it in all the APS, but I guess it makes sense.
It is good to know that it seems to have no ill effect when used in a ping mix.
I did find a Turface distributor, about a 2...
I have been meaning to try APS as a medium for my MexiPings for a long time. Oddly enough, the local Lowe's, Home Depot, etc don't carry it.
A lot of the APS I am finding online has zeolite mixed in it. Is this an issue?
1.dozer1028 thank you so much.
3. ps3isawesome, thank you, a great collection
4. birdybrain - very generous giveaway, thanks for the chance!
5.Jeremy, thank you
6. Dawlito - thanks
7. Username: I am looking forward to the day I've got a large enough collection to do this. Thanks...
Now that I think about it I do remember the cal solution pack that came with it. I'm sure that was lost long ago. I suppose I could get another one if I start getting odd readings. So far so good though.
Thanks for the replies.
JimScott's question about RO units got me thinking about my water.
Our tap water comes in at around 200ppm, so I use either collected rain water, or buy RO water at the local Kroger store. That usually measures around 4ppm if I catch the RO unit after a recent servicing.
I use a cheapo TDS...