What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing arum hygrohilum

does anyone have experince doing this? can i have some advise? thanks

BRad

I couldn't find any Arum hygrohilum, and I don't know it myself. Did you mean A. hygrophyllum? Dave's Garden has several Arum sp. on file. This lists A. hygrophyllum as a synonym of the plant A. dioscoridis, and has cultivation details. I hope that helps.
~Joe

A. hygrophilum "flower" is very different than A. dioscoridis "flower".  

A. hygrophilum
arumhygrophilum2kozminsky_.jpg

A. dioscoridis
Arum_dioscoridis.JPG

Hey, I was just pointing to what I found. I don't know jack about Arum. However, even if they are synonymous, they could be referring to different varieties of the same species, as taxonomical corrections do tend to take a while to spread throughout the relevant fields. Also, the species is known to be polymorphic, meaning it has more than one naturally occuring form; two different flowers doesn't mean two different species. Look at a typical S. leucophylla flower and and one of leucophylla var. 'Tarnok' - there's a stark contrast in anatomical detail, not just coloration, and yet they're the same species.
Best luck Brad; I'm glad I could help.
~Joe

Back