What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darkest plant

• Thread starter tsonkiboy
  • Start date
just want to share my darkest plant. if you have any other darker plants please post your pics.

black taro (black gabi):
gabi.jpg

Hmmm... I don't know that I have any really dark plants. But this is quite a beautiful one.
smile.gif

That would be my darkest too... the "black runner" variety.

I have one that looks almost like that but it has extremly dark dark shiney green/blackish colored leafs with pale white vains and a deep redish purple stem. Right now its dormant and just 2 bulbs. If i can find a pic of mine i will post it..
smile.gif

i had a darker plant in the garden but its dead now and i forget the name

Nice plant Tsonkiboy, my best guess for the blacked is ophiopogon planscarpos nigrescens. The leaves are truely black, it's hardy here in the UK and seeds around no problem (except that about 25% are green LOL). because of its colour it makes a good foil for other coloured foliage.

Best regards

Chris

Somehow to me this looks very much from the alocasia family.

Pauline.

Well, here's my darkest plant. I have no idea what kind it is; it started out as a stem cutting a few years ago. Maybe a 'creeping jew'? It has grown in a little pot for as long as I have had it, and branched out quite a bit. Last summer, it made little purple flowers for me while it was outside.

Plant:
purpleplant1.jpg

Growth point:
purpleplant2.jpg

-Ben

Drosera36
That's a Tradescantia pallida (I think). Looks like the variety 'Purple Heart' that garden centres here in the UK sell (or at least try to).

As for my darkest plant well... I have a Nepenthes aristolochioides pitcher that's very dark purple with black splotches. Does that count?
smile_n_32.gif

Cheers
Amori

yeah i have them colocasia black magic. thats my darkest and in the spring i have queen of the night tulips

I have a boston fern that likes to dress goth and read Nietzsche. Is that dark? Or just crying for attention?
~Joe

Back