What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clovers for the Irish guy

So check this out I got some seeds for some clovers today and I don't know what to do to get these to grow. Anyone know anything about how to? I'm gonna go do a google search on them but I'd like to know from someone who grows them for themself. Maybe if I get a 4 leaf one I could get that dipped in gold or platinum.

In my yard, clovers are pests. So, I say just sprinkle them on some potting soil and keep them moist.

-Ben

It depends on what Oxalis spp. it is.  But generally, you sow them just covered in a well draining mix at 60-70F.  They should germinate in 2-4 weeks.

Here's a pic of Oxalis hedysaroides 'rubra," which is one of my favorite species.  I sowed the seed as described above--it's growing in a bonsai soil mix and receiving sunlight with supplemental light from a 23W fluorescent bulb.

IMG_0060.jpg

Hope you have "luck of the Irish" with your clover seed.  

smile_m_32.gif

smile.gif

Do I plant them in the soil or on top?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But generally, you sow them just covered in a well draining mix at 60-70F.

Just barely covered.

smile_m_32.gif

Back