What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Datura & Brugmansia growers?

Excellent work Maxima!

it is still alive but has not rooted yet, still hopeful, but I found a local breeder that gave me a bunch of cuttings and seed to grow , the cuttings I got 2 weeks ago where 6" tall and now they are 2'tall and I needed to transplant them into 1 gal pots

I got a ton of cuttings and will do a trade or giveaway latter in the summer, some of the ones I got are rare pm me if you have any interest in getting some

Hey guys, thank you for the kind words. By the way pearldiver successfully sent many seeds to me recently, so thanks to him as well.

After that last photo I transplanted into a huge pot and kept it in full sun. Soon it got so large that it was overshadowing everything else but the fragrance was totally worth it.
The problem is that the root system gets so large, you need to literally water/feed every day or it starts declining. At the end of the season when I dug it out, it was all root and no soil. This plant really needs a garden. Due to space issues I couldn't transplant the original plant but I am now continuing with the seeds I collected last summer. (If you want seeds and if your country doesn't require permits like mine, then PM me and I can send you a batch or two)

Anyway here are photos from last summer. Cat photo is obligatory of course :)

datura01.jpg

datura02.jpg

datura03.jpg

Seedlings of this season. I've decided not to bother sowing datura seeds anymore, they start popping everywhere when it gets hot and humid. I pulled out all of these from various pots and after protecting them from the sun for a few days they all recovered nicely.

This summer I've decided to fill both balconies with datura and brugmansia :)

6xpk.jpg

Back