What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mimosa pudica

I have a Mimosa pudica ( sensitive plant) seedling and I was wondering what is the best way to grow it? What soil mix, how much water, can it be grown outside, how much light, etc. does this plant like?
Thanks,
dewy

I have seedlings of the same plant. They like moist soil and lighting I don't think it matters. I grow mine outside and it's doing great. For soil I think it is best to just use normal potting mix. Don't use a CP mix for them, they like nutrients. HTH

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dewyleaves @ July 07 2006,1:34)]I have seedlings of the same plant. They like moist soil and lighting I don't think it matters. I grow mine outside and it's doing great. For soil I think it is best to just use normal potting mix. Don't use a CP mix for them, they like nutrients. HTH
Thanks for the help. I have them potted in a peat and sand mix, but I will transplant them to a normal potting soil. Do the leaves trigger (fold up) on windy days?
dewy

I don't think that you can leave them out in the winter in NC, you probably need to bring them in. B

Back