What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orange Bird of Paradise

Hey guys, I just recently got my hands on some seeds for this beautiful plant, and will be trying my hand at growing it beginning the coming season. I in illinois, southwest of chicago. in zone 5a. So i'm planning on indoors oct-april, out for the rest. I was just curious if anyone here grows these or has any experience/advice regarding them. Thanks in advance!

No but they are very pretty. Might i also sugest the plant called queen's tears? It is somewhat similar in exotic beauty

Interesting seeing the fince - did you know this is (the only/one of a few) flowers that are pollinated by birds feet.

Best regards

Chris

remove the orange fluff. scarify the seed with sandpaper. soak for 2 days in water. sow in a non-organic medium, ie pure perlite or sand or mix, in a plastic bag and keep warm 25c eg. when seeds start to germinate pot them up. give them lots of sun and not too much water in a well drained compost.

Back