What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brugmansia pics

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I've neglected this plant all year and it's survived the drought without any extra water or fertilizer. It would look SO good if I had taken proper care of it. It's a later bloomer and small compared to the monster it would have been but it's still pretty :) And it smells heavenly!

Really hardy perennial in the south, too.

DSC02767.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02766.jpg

DSC02774.jpg

DSC02769.jpg

Nice pics! Is it growing in the ground? I don't think they'll survive the winter here (zone 7).

Yup, they smell FANTASTIC and they get huge! My partner and I have both white and yellow brugmansias. He says they're really easy to grow from cuttings, though I don't know. He grows them in pots and rolls them in the house (along with his plumeria) for the winter. Those are his babies and the CPs are mine.

Yep, it grows right in the ground and comes back every year. I used to mulch but don't anymore since it doesn't seem to make a difference in my climate.

They are very easy to root in water or soil, especially when the stems get a couple of inches thick. They are really more like small trees lol. Whenever I used to fertilize it and water it (daily) it would look like this:

http://www.floridagardener.com/pom/BrugmansiaAlba.jpg

Back