What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shitake mushrooms

20080105004lq4.jpg

20080105002co1.jpg

My grandma got this for me, ill be getting 2 other things in the next 2 months. Hurrah for mushrooms!

I LOVE S hitake mushrooms. What are the straws for?

That's cool. I grew some sort of mushroom once, but never did anything w/ 'em.

JLAP, those are metal rods, I think. Prolly just to keep the dirt together.

-Ben

Shitake and all mushrooms grow from mycelium. Mycelium will form a Mass (the white stuff you see), that thing weighs quite a bit after being dunked. (put under water for 24 hours) it all holds its self together.

The chop sticks :p hold up the humidity tent that came with it, I don't have any empty plastic tubs I can use right now. *cough cough*

The mushrooms gotten huge, ill take a picture of it for you guys.

The next flush (batch of mushrooms that grow kind of like a bushel of wheat) Should have allot more mushrooms on it. First flushes are never very good with mushrooms.

2183861837_6700dcefee.jpg

It tastes great! Im gonna gril it up with some steak, this was the one on the side

003qc8.jpg

it is a little deformed, but thats because i think the way it was growing so close to the side, it kinda bruised the shroom.

Thats cool, nice job. I always wanted to try one of those mushroom grow kits.

Back